If you are applying to complete a locum position, lasting less then 3 months, you must apply for temporary registration with the Newfoundland and Labrador College of Physiotherapists (NLCP).
The requirements for applying for a temporary registration are:
- Completion of the application form
- The registration fee is $50 (payable only by cheque or money order) for a one month period, renewable twice
- A notarized copy of the applicant’s physiotherapy degree or verification that a notarized copy is on file with the jurisdiction where you are currently registered, sent directly from that jurisdiction
- Proof of successful completion of the Physiotherapy Competency Examination of the CAPR [Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators] or proof that an exemption applies, e.g. grandfathered
- A letter confirming good standing, sent directly from all jurisdictions in which the applicant was registered in the past five years, and please include your recorded practice hours in the past 5 years
- A certificate of conduct from local policing authority issued within the last 45 days
- Malpractice insurance, the minimum of which shall be at least equivalent to the minimum liability insurance (“Basic Coverage”) offered through the Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Please provide proof (a photocopy of your insurance certificate or a letter from your insurer) of adequate coverage
- Membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Completion of General Undertaking form
Please enclose a copy of your marriage certificate if your diplomas are in your maiden name.
Please complete the application form and the undertaking to apply for the specific time period and facility where you wish to practice.
Please allow a minimum of five business days from receipt of all required documentation to process the application.
|Registration Form 2018-2019||Undertaking Locum|