Requirements for applying for active registration with the Newfoundland and Labrador College of Physiotherapists:
- completion of the application form for registration;
- payment of registration fees;
- a notarized copy of the applicant’s physiotherapy degree;
- proof of successful completion of the Physiotherapy Competency Examination of the CAPR [Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators] or
- proof that an exemption applies:
- An applicant is not required to write the Physiotherapy Competency Examination if the applicant held a valid registration to practice physiotherapy in a Canadian jurisdiction on or before April 1, 2000
- An applicant who has not attempted the Physiotherapy Competency Examination, and is registered without restriction in another Canadian jurisdiction may be granted registration if the applicant meets the following condition:
- Demonstrates integration of practice competency through at least 3200 hours of clinical physiotherapy practice in Canada within a period of not less than two and not more than three years.
- Note:The applicant must notify the College if he/she has been unsuccessful in a previous attempt at the PCE.
- a letter confirming good standing, sent directly from all jurisdictions in which the applicant was registered in the past five years, and to include recorded practice hours in the past 5 years;
- certificate of conduct from local policing authority issued within the last 45 days;
- malpractice insurance, the minimum of which shall be at least equivalent to the minimum liability insurance (“Basic Coverage”) offered through the Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Please provide proof (a copy of your insurance certificate or a letter from your insurer) of adequate coverage;
- proof of membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
Please enclose a copy of your marriage certificate if your diplomas are in your maiden name.
The registration fee is $325.00 (payable only by cheque or money order). If you are registering after July 1st the fee decreases to $248.00, and after November 1st it is $165.00 for registration until February 28th, 2021. The renewal date for next year will be January 31st, 2021. Please allow a minimum of five business days from receipt of all required documentation to process the application.
Newfoundland and Labrador College of Physiotherapists
Note: Please do not attempt to use this 2020-2021 registration form to complete your registration renewal for 2021-2022.If you did not receive or have misplaced your personalised 2021-2022 form, please contact the NLCP office for a replacement.
Registration Form 2021 – 2022