How to download and use this document
The 2020 NLCP Professional Portfolio PDF document is now fillable. You can save the document to your PC to keep track of your progress throughout the year.
- Click here to download the 2020 NLCP Professional Portfolio (Fillable) template.
- Save this PDF document to a folder on your computer.
- Find the document on your computer, and open it.
- Enter your name on Page 4 of the PDF document.
- Save and close your PDF document.
- Open your PDF document and confirm that your name is still present.
If your name is present, everything is set up and working as it should be. Otherwise, please download and install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Open the document from within Adobe Acrobat Reader (step 3 above). Continue with steps 4-6 and confirm your name is now present.
The objective of the Continuing Competence Program is to provide physiotherapists with a process to document their efforts at maintaining and developing their competence, and will allow NLCP to demonstrate these efforts to the public.
The Continuing Competence Program requires that all the physiotherapists registered to practice in Newfoundland and Labrador:
- Accumulate at least 1200 practice hours in a five-year period and
- Develop and maintain a professional portfolio
The professional portfolio is composed of three parts:
- A or B: Patient Care Reflection Tool/Essential Competency Self-Assessment
- Practice Goals and Learning Plan
- Competence Maintenance Hours
All required forms are included in this package, along with detailed instructions for completion. The portfolio is to be completed over the calendar year.
- Please review all sections of the portfolio early in the year to familiarize yourself with the forms and recommended times for completion
- Use blue or black ink, not pencil. Ensure your handwriting is legible.
- For each category, list each applicable activity and the hours spent in the “hours” column.
- Indicate if a document is included.
- Any element of the portfolio may be copied for extra room if required.
- Complete the portfolio sections over the calendar year, from January to December.
- At the end of the reporting period, total the number of hours for each category.
- Date and sign the document once completed.
- You will be required each year to sign a declaration that you have completed all sections of the portfolio as part of registration renewal.
Participation in the Continuing Competence Program is a requirement for licensure to practice physiotherapy in Newfoundland and Labrador. Compliance will be monitored annually and concurrently with license renewal by the submission of practice hours and a declaration of completion of the individual professional portfolio.
Any information submitted in compliance with the Continuing Competence Program will be used only for the purposes of operating the program. This information will be viewed only by those persons tasked with the administration of the Continuing Competence Program.